With the great strides in technology, people have become more aware of unhealthy practices than at any other time in humankind’s history. Everywhere you turn there is health and fitness related information, it’s on the Internet, Television, Radio, Broadcast, Magazine Advertisements and almost anywhere you go! But do people really know any more about boosting or elevating their health and fitness levels?
Maybe, because of the fact that there is so much information, it’s harder to focus on what’s important. We’ll call it the information overload syndrome, or IOS. So how can we get to the foundational or core principles that will boost our health and improve fitness levels?
Let’s start with 11 Ways to Boost Your Health & Fitness Levels and break this down to 6 ways for boost your health and 5 ways for improve fitness levels.
6 Ways to Boost Your Health
1. Eliminate Stress – Stress is a major contributor to poor health. The body reacts to stress in a negative manner and over time may cause, high-blood pressure, migraines headaches, a weakened immune system, depression and other undesirable effects. By eliminating or greatly reducing our stress levels, we will improve our overall health.
2. Stop Harmful Habits – If you drink excessively, smoke, use over the counter drugs in a way contrary to recommended use, or use narcotics of any kind this is damaging your health. Once these harmful habits are set aside there will be healing and an increase in health and well-being.
3. Listen to Your Body – Chances are, you know when something is not quite right with your body, but do you always take action, or put things off? It’s best to listen to our body when it lets us know that something is not quite right. We should get regular check-ups and see the appropriate medical professional to ensure that we stay on top of our health.
4. Follow this Chinese Proverb – Eat like a King for breakfast, a Prince for Lunch and a Pauper for dinner. The point of this proverb is you need fewer calories as your day progresses. Most people eat like Kings or Queens for dinner and that causes unwanted weight gain. Remember we should eat in response to our energy expenditure and needs.
5. Use Quality Supplements – It’s a sad fact that food isn’t as nutritious as it used to be, due to the depletion of nutrient rich soil. Using a good multivitamin and certain key minerals can help us improve our health.
6. Achieve Your Optimal Body Fat Percentage – Carrying around excess fat is bad for you. Excess body fat is not going to improve your health. While it will contribute to a host of diseases and even cancer it won’t do anything positive, so if you have it, then it’s time to get it off!
5 Ways to Improve Fitness Levels
1. Take Daily Walks – Walking is not only good for you physically, but it also helps keep your mind sharp and combat depression. Another positive aspect is that you get sunshine, which also important for your health.
2. Dance Regularly – You probably didn’t expect to see that one on here and I’m not saying go barhopping or nightclubbing. Dancing is a form of exercise that can help you get extremely fit. By following a regularly scheduled (and consistently followed) routine of dancing, you can lose weight; improve your cardiovascular health and overall body movement. In addition, dancing is fun and everyone likes music, so dance your way to a fitter – YOU.
3. Stretch Daily – As we age, we lose our ability to move. You may notice that the older you get the shorter your strides become when walking or running. We can improve our flexibility and mobility by stretching daily.
Participate in a Fun Sport or Recreational Activity Weekly – Participation in a recreational sport or activity, like softball, roller-skating, volleyball or swimming can add more fun to your fitness. Why not improve your fitness level while having fun.
4. Participate in a Fun Sport or Recreational Activity Weekly – Participation in a recreational sport or activity, like softball, roller-skating, volleyball or swimming can add more fun to your fitness. Why not improve your fitness level while having fun.
5. After Exercise Nutrition – Once you’re done with a workout or fitness activity the natural inclination is to run for the carbohydrates. Don’t do it, instead drink fresh water and drink a high protein low crab shake about one hour after the workout. Remember, your body is still burning fat after the workout, so let it do its job and leave the sugar and starches alone.
There they are 11 Ways to Boost Your Health and Improve Fitness Levels
Collectively, the above ways will help you boost your health and improve fitness levels. Are there more ways to boost your health and fitness levels? Yes, but do we need to focus on 100 different ways or just a few core principles. Results come from taking action and biting off more than we can chew is a recipe for disaster. By focusing on these 11 Crore Ways to Boost our Health & Improve Fitness Levels and staying consistent, we can move towards the light.